In 2018 we decided to open the inn for guests to enjoy a Dahlonega thanksgiving. Prior years we would receive calls from parties seeking a place to stay during this holiday. Some had plans with families living in the area but wanted the privacy away from their local families after they completed their daily visits. They all had thanksgiving dinner with their local relatives. We know how they felt since we often book a bed and breakfast when visiting families just to have a break on our own. See our “oblication” post below.
Others like to come to Dahlonega during the Thanksgiving holidays because the busy Fall season is over and the town, trails and attractions are not crowded. Guests still enjoy Mary Beth’s organic breakfasts before heading out for the daily activities that are planned or sometimes not planned. Many of the downtown shops and the area wineries may be closed Thanksgiving day but there is so much more to do- enjoy nature and the North Georgia mountains.
As mentioned previously we normally close for Thanksgiving Day to spend time with our family. Our two sons live in the area and the youngest is now married. His wife prepares a great Thanksgiving dinner at their house.
We normally head to their house around noon after breakfast has been served to inn guests. The only difference for new guests arriving on Thanksgiving Day is that check in is moved from the usual 4:00pm to 9:00 pm to 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
If you wish to stay with us during this holiday first check the availability box on this site to make sure we are open and have availability. Also please note that a 2 night minimum is required.
If you want to enjoy Thanksgiving in the North Georgia mountains please consider staying with us. If you are wanting to have dinner please read further.
Check our availability calendar link above for what we have available.
Where to eat Thanksgiving Dinner in Dahlonega?
Normally the first three options that are shown below will be open. Call them to make sure. We will be adding additional places for Thanksgiving Dinner when they become available to us.
The list below is updated for 2019.
- The Smith House always offers Thanksgiving Dinner each year. Call 706-867-7000 for more information. Open Thanksgiving Day 2019 from 11 – 6. $26/person – no reservations. Family style seating.
- Yahoola Creek Grill also normally has Thanksgiving Dinner- For Information and reservations call 706-482-2200. Thanksgiving 2019 dinner is $30/person.
- Montaluce Winery will be serving dinner on Thanksgiving Day 2019. The dining room will be open from 11-7 by reservation. A $10 deposit is required to reserve your table. Visit http://montaluce.com/ for reservations.
- White Oaks Bistro is open for Thanksgiving dinner from 11 – 3. Reservations required. $30/person.
- Dahlonega Resort and Vineyard is opened for its first Thanksgiving. Dinner is $58/person.
- Forrest Hills Resort near Amicalola State Park has seatings at 12:00, 2:00, and 4:00. Their Thanksgiving feast is $29/person. For reservations call 706-864-6456.
- Unicoi State Park is open to the public for Thanksgiving dinner from 11:00 – 4:00 pm at $36.00 per person.
For more things to do in the area visit https://www.georgiamountaininn.com/dahlonega-attractions/
Vacation from your oblication: https://www.georgiamountaininn.com/need-a-vacation-from-your-oblication/
For more information ohttps://www.georgiamountaininn.com/2019/08/24/need-a-vacation-from-your-oblication/n other special events and festivals visit https://www.georgiamountaininn.com/dahlonega-festivals/