Since our inn is located in the North Georgia wine country our guests have the opportunity of tasting many different types of wine produced in the area. All the wines are bottled or packaged in the traditional glass wine bottle that we recycle at the recycling center or use for our wine bottle trees. We learned about wine in a plastic bottle.
An article in Tree Hugger that mentioned a California winery that is using one liter plastic (PET #1) bottles to help the environment. The wine is called Fog Mountain. The wine is also organic. What would wine snobs think about wine in a plastic bottle?
The advantages of the plastic wine bottle:
• 33% more wine – two extra glasses – than a standard 750ml bottle
• 60% smaller carbon footprint
• Less energy to produce, ship and recycle
• 100% recyclable since the plastic is a number 1.
• 7 recycled Fog Mountain wine bottles can produce 1 extra-large t-shirt
• lightweight & shatterproof, no broken glass
• Perfect for picnics, barbecues, camping and life-on-the-go
Maybe one day we will see wineries in our area put wine in a plastic bottle.
Our North Georgia wines are in glass bottles like traditional wine. If you would like to visit our wineries we would love you to stay with us. For more information on the North Georgia wine region visit wineries.
To see the many ways we are known as Dahlonega’s Green Bed and Breakfast visit https://www.georgiamountaininn.com/green-bed-breakfast/